Employee Spotlight: Andrew McEwen, Backend Software Engineer

• 22 February 2024
  • -
  • -

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Vlq38yeX0RFWEP_5NYD4LBqKNybUm-A9qWow06GesfNuV8i8CvLW7IN7laN2kK3VYCuX5KT70gK3kqgCE_wIKtuXHVafk_FyVKTTfyLz8pcfnki0udEEL6NoHrToE3m085hq4jP06xreWSQW7Lvi9gg

Meet Andrew McEwen

At the core of RiskOptics' platform innovation stands Andrew, a dedicated member of the Platform Team. With a background in customer service spanning two decades, Andrew brings a unique perspective to his role as a software engineer, aiming not only to solve problems but also to enrich people's lives through software they love to use.

Andrew's journey into software engineering was sparked by a simple mobile app project, where he discovered the joy of seeing his code come to life. His passion for creating software and making a positive impact on users' lives led him to pursue a career in the platform team at RiskOptics. Andrew's transition from customer service to software engineering stemmed from his desire to leverage technology to solve real-world problems and enhance user experiences. His dedication to continuous learning and growth fuels his innovative approach to software development. With a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence, Andrew consistently strives to push the boundaries of what's possible in software engineering.

oTC3H-sFf_4xx6NsLaUhl1DXxH8joghGrHoaatf0xVOgo7qd8eKhGKjatGbGjFA8XVSeZOJy1s8fP9pkly6Xmj71V7eL-kr7QpLSxT_SKkW993RPmKWzxE686C87_fpL4U-r1QXcmrEKRqGB7lAheI8

His path reflects his personal growth but also highlights the value of diverse career experiences. Transitioning from customer service to software engineering, Andrew brings a wealth of insights and skills acquired from his previous role. His ability to bridge these diverse backgrounds enables him to approach software development with a comprehensive understanding of user needs and preferences.

At RiskOptics

Since joining RiskOptics less than a year ago, Andrew has taken on exciting projects aimed at enhancing the core systems that enable efficient software development and deployment. As the vision and brain behind the Customer API for ROAR, Andrew's contributions have been instrumental in improving the user experience and streamlining processes. His innovative solutions have not only enhanced the functionality of RiskOptics' platform but have also contributed to the company's competitive edge in the market. Andrew's ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and adapt to evolving project requirements has made him a valuable asset to the Platform Team. His leadership and vision continue to drive impactful changes within the organization.

aTgzpEyhxAStA6_GlHFmMoW4oftocOi36XW3olXTzScG6niXdRG00cGjNsVgbGdzycnxVylItOoDiil6cxez3krFhUsC5S7i0AiEZWycBVO8op9waqFElf0-0K3ouaIUFJ5D2YzOxFB8dhY0zdSgZGk

Andrew’s Technical Expertise

Andrew's extensive experience as a software engineer, with over five years of developing dynamic web applications, has provided him with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in his role at RiskOptics. Graduating with honors from the University of Cincinnati’s Accelerated Master of Science in Information Technology program, Andrew is passionately dedicated to enriching people’s lives through collaborative innovation and problem-solving.

QjxCWNPLjMLmBJSsdETSthJg3-PZrKvooaf-egsi55spfQTd0zvkCH-MU6BBbMf9-2v84gwCw6eoLNF1XbsA924DdfWc6fcBVraIYvW0KH4LTMSvUrjkHx7g6-VQNy8zpMwa6tZPqnBDysbDLI05yds

When faced with complex technical challenges, Andrew employs a strategic approach, breaking them down into smaller, more manageable tasks. By tackling each component individually, he ensures focused and efficient resolution, driving successful outcomes. His commitment to fostering collaboration and innovation within his team is evident in his proactive approach to knowledge sharing and continuous improvement. Andrew cultivates an environment where team members feel empowered to contribute their ideas and perspectives, fostering a culture of openness and creativity. He said it best himself, “I try to get people excited about making great software, I’m quick to share knowledge with my teammates, and I’m constantly asking myself how could this be more awesome?

Andrew’s Life Beyond Work

Outside of work, Andrew is a devoted parent, musician, and skateboarder. He spends his free time making music, attending concerts, and enjoying the thrills of skateboarding. As a guitarist and keyboardist for the band Okay Lindon, Andrew channels his creativity into crafting rock, folk, and reggae tunes that captivate audiences. His experience as a musician has honed his collaborative skills, allowing him to effectively work with others on creative projects and foster a harmonious team dynamic. Moreover, his journey in skateboarding, particularly as an adult beginner, highlights his determination and resilience in overcoming challenges, traits that translate seamlessly into his professional endeavors. Andrew's diverse interests and experiences outside of work enrich his problem-solving abilities and contribute to his overall creativity and innovation in software engineering.

Pix3TdxTQH4IsdoRL5nKRz-LmWIzqaYEpb2alsQfMpfi3F2WxmsiT7ZDa6ruvcEaVuTwYWDu06QgbR_Ic64Dvjkc5q9_haFY9gJ-aN7g_YTgsGAiiNRy5tdRJjGgEiB8GSjXHQ9KJDVAyzEBrl2HJ3Y

In Andrew, RiskOptics not only has a talented software engineer but also a passionate individual committed to making a difference both within the company and beyond. His journey from customer service to software engineering exemplifies the transformative power of perseverance and passion. We celebrate Andrew's contributions to the Platform Team and look forward to witnessing his continued growth and impact at RiskOptics.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

I'm not ready yet X